OUR MENTAL HEALTH VISION
To promote mental health as an integral part of human health.
Our #1 goal is to bring practical, accessible, and free mental health information to the world. Whether it is learning mental self-care or getting access to professional care - you deserve to have the tools of the trade and we're gonna have them here when you need them.
You're not alone. There is hope.
We'll be keeping the lighthouse burning bright so you can navigate your course.
Mental health is a core component of human health.
- You have a right to know how your thoughts and emotions work and how to care for them.
- You have a right to accessible and free tools, strategies, and techniques for managing your emotions, stress, anxiety, depressive feelings, and more.
- You have the right to know the roles genetics and neurobiology play in your mental health and how mental disorders are not failures of effort or character.
- You have a right to know how to get mental health care, to know how to deal with difficulties that arise, and how to navigate your mental healthcare system.
- You have the right to learn about what healthy platonic and romantic relationships are like and learn skills for developing them in your own life.
- You have the right to have your mental health needs met with respect, support, and understanding from mental health professionals and in your daily life.
- You have the right to inclusive mental healthcare that understands and respects you as a POC, LGBTQIA person, respects your gender, faith, disability, medical diagnoses, socioeconomic status, trauma history, and more.
- You have the right to make informed choices about your mental healthcare and to determine what you do and do not want to change about yourself or your life.
COMMON LIVE BROADCAST TOPICS
Self-Care is crucial for keeping at our mental and emotional best. Learn tons of great strategies for self-care, including how to manage difficult emotions, vent in a healthy way, learn the difference between avoidance and healthy distractions, and the importance of having a variety of go-to self-care strategies.
You deserve to get help when you need it. But when do you need help? How can you find treatment? What if you can't afford it or there is a long wait list? What if you went and it wasn't helpful? Come and learn about how to find treatment, how to communicate with your treatment providers, and how to start improving your mental health.
Whether we're dealing with romantic relationships, friendships, family, or you have a lack of relationships, there are so many strategies and tools for ensuring we feel fulfilled, safe, content, and healthy in our relationships in life. Learning to communicate and listen effectively can be transformative for any relationship.
Sometimes the pace of life picks up or we have events in our life that make it hard for us to relax and manage our emotional reactions. Stress is a normal part of this busy life, especially if you've got passions and goals to tackle. Learn effective tools for managing your stress level while still pouring yourself into chasing your dreams.
Being in emotional distress doesn't mean you've failed. Difficult emotions are a normal part of being human, especially when painful or traumatic things happen. We can learn to manage these intense emotions and begin to recover from devastating experiences to find a sense of comfort, safety, and peace again.
One of the most common questions when trying to improve motivation is, "why?" Why was motivation lost and how can you get it back? When we learn the reasons why people lose motivation we can start to focus on the methods for rebuilding motivation. The right tools for the right job help you reclaim your productivity.